Sunday, December 19, 2010

What I have learned in technopreneurship 1?

Learning’s comes in different form and many ways. We have so many learning’s as we go along in our lives. Learning’s is not just in school but we got also in our environment and surroundings even in our own experience that gives us lesson and learn from that.

Talking in our subject which is Technopreneurship 1, I have learned a lot from this subject, some of them are what technopreneurship is all about and why is it really important to us information technology students. As defined in the internet, Technopreneurship is High-tech and entrepreneurial skills are driving our economy back to prosperity. Technopreneursip-merging technology prowess and entrepreneurial skills- is the real source of power in toda's knowledge-based economy. A technopreneur distinguishes logic from tradition, tradition from prejudice, prejudice from common sense and common sense from nonsense while integrating a variety of ideas from diverse groups and disciplines. Technopreneurship is not a product but a process of synthesis in engineering the future of a person, an organization, a nation and the world. Strategic directions or decision-making processes are becoming more demanding and complex. This requires universities, and in site professional development programs and training to produce strategic thinkers who will have skills to succeed in a rapidly changing global environment. So in short technopreneurship is the combination of technology and entrepreneurship.
http://www.amigospais-guaracabuya.org/oagmc160.php

Last semester, in our technopreneurship 1 our facilitator tells us what supposed to be our mindset as we take this subject. Before our mindset as student was just to go to school, then graduate and be employed in a company. But our facilitator thought us that in technopreneurship, our mindset should be to go to school, then graduate and be an employer of our own company, not to be employed by an employer. I have also learn that as future technopreneur we should aim for the best not for just better because as future technopreneur we should be talented like Steve Jobs and be wise like Bill Gates. To be like them and be one of the richest businessmen’s in the world. I have also learned that as future technopreneur we should think widely and discover new trends instead of sticking in what knowledge and trends we just know. So in the first activity that we have, our facilitator gives us an activity which we will visit some fast food chain and observe in their facilities and technology they are using then suggest some changes and additional technology that might help the establishment be more productive. Most of us visited Jollibee, Mc Donalds, and Chowking which are I think the top fast food chain in the Philippines. In my experience in visiting the Jollibee at Tagum City I have noticed that customers have hard time waiting for their tern to order. In terms of their technology use its fine but I have some suggestion that might help their security to maintain the safety of their customer. I want to suggest having their establishments a detector that can detect harmful stuffs even if you’re still far from the establishment. I can say that it might help because nowadays terrorism is really a big treat to us because we can’t know everything. As I visited the Jollibee, I have learn that even how success a business or establishments are, still they should have to add some technology or other features that might help them to be more productive. I have also learn that If we put up a business we should consider new trends and strategies to be applied in the business you want to build because every year or maybe months, technology are evolving fast.

In our technopreneurship 1, we have watched the Pirates of the Silicon Valley which is a story of Apple Company and Microsoft Company really started. As we watch the Pirates of the Silicon Valley I have learn that in order to make it to the top you must aim for the best and take risk for what you really want to have. Like us as future technopreneur we should be risk taker and imaginative person. In that movie I have also learn how Bill Gates overcome Steve Jobs and be counted in the most riches business man in the world. We have also discussed about the commencement address of Steve Jobs. In the commencement address of Steve Jobs we have tackle the 3 topics of it which are the connecting the dots, love and losses, and about death. In connecting the dots I have learned that everything has a purpose. I have also learned that we should make our everyday meaningful and be productive because our present plays a big part in our future which determines on what status we will be having soon. In the second topic which is the love and losses, I have learned that we should find what we really want and love to do because if you find your love, you will go and pursue for it, put more efforts on it and take risk in what your really love. It just like in a relationship, if you really love that person you will all just to have him or her and do things just to protect the one you love. And if you follow your passion their no reason for you to regret it because it your choice and their no one to blame for the decision you made. The third and last topic is the death, in this topic I have learned that we should let every second, minutes and days counts and make it productive for the reason that our Lord God Give this life and we should live with it to the fullest with his commands and wills. I have also learned that we should really give importance ad love to our life because our life in the world is just temporary, we just live here to witness, see and experience the creations of God and gift for us. So we should make it really productive in a right and proper way that no one will be affected in every step you are taking.

We have also tackle about SEED model which will serve as our guide in our IT elective 1 and 2 subjects which is the technopreneurship 1 and 2. In technopreneurship 1 we have only discussed the first model which is the self mastery and the other will just be continued discuss in our technopreneurship to subject. The first model in the SEED model which is the self mastery is all about finding our passion and to know what we love to do, what is my best at and what are our irritants. As our facilitator discussed the first model I have learned that the model mostly focused on our characteristics and attitude. In the self mastery model we have also discuss personality traits, emotional quotient, adversity quotient, and intelligence quotient. We have also done some online test on it. As I take the personality trait test the result came out that I “somewhat entrepreneur” which our facilitator tell us that we the capability of a technopreneur and we have the entrepreneurial skills. At first I am so confused on the result because I haven’t experience yet about business but as our facilitator discuss more I have learned that most of us can be a successful technopreneur even if it takes long term of process to really be successful. As I take the intelligence test I have failed to pass the average grade of the test because of time pressure, but it just fine with me because I know my capacity and I know that I’m not that dull because I failed to pass the test. In taking the emotional quotient test I pass the average test and I have learned that I’m really an emotional person which I highly agreed. I also pass in the test in adversity test. In general, as I took those tests I have learned that intelligence test in considered least important because knowledge doesn’t really plays a big part in the success o a person although it has some part in the success but not totally. In addition, adversity quotient test really has the more important rule and part in the success on a person because in that kind of test it is more on real life situation. I have also learned that adversity test gives and helps like us as future technopreneur on how to deal and handle complicated situations as we go along with our life.

As we go along with our class in technopreneurship 1, our facilitator gives us the chance to proposed our own business and present it to the class. Our facilitator groups all of us into 5 in order to brainstorm our ideas to think of an ideal business proposal. In making the business proposal, I’ve find it hard to brainstorm ideas for the business proposal because of existing companies nowadays and also because of technologies that companies are using. By the way before we have make the first proposal that been rejected we have gathered some guide base on “what we love to do”, what we best at”, and what is our irritants” in order to make a business proposal that’s really fit to us. As we think of what our ideal business should, I have learn that proposing a business really need takes many days in order to perfectly meet the needs in this generation and also before making a business proposal we should take some guide in order to organized it. Base on our experience the first attempt of business proposal we proposed was been rejected for the reason that our proposal was so common and call it a “chocks to go” because it all ready existing and many are using it. I have also learned that in a business proposal we should research successful businesses, new trends and other factor that should be consider in making a proposal because in this generations it is really hard to propose a business plan. As we have composed again of a new business proposal we have figured out at first that most of the business proposal that’s been accepted is middle man. So our group decided to think again of business proposal that we are the middle man basing on our love, best at and irritants. As we think of our business proposal I’ve doubt that it will be accepted because it is really common and I think it’s not helpful nowadays. When others proposed their business proposal, most of them are still rejected because it already exists. So when many are been rejected I have noticed and learned that the business proposal that our facilitator is a type of business that are high-techs and useful for a lifetime not just for a couple of years. Just like the proposal we have proposed which is a high-tech watch that can monitor blood pressure, pulse rate and heart condition of the person if still normal. It has also built in map for travelers and tourists for them not to get hard of finding their destination. As we make that business proposal we have learned that we should consider whose our beneficiaries and what is the big impact of it in our prospect beneficiaries.

In general, I think Technopreneurship really has big purpose and help not just Information Technology and Computer Science Student but also to anyone who are really willing to engaged in this kind of industry and to those who are risk taker which do anything to pursue what they really want to do. Being a Technopreneur you should have the presence of mind, a risk taker, decision maker, passionate and other factors that a good Technopreneur must possess. For me, I can’t consider my self as a technopreneur because I don’t possess those characteristics that I’ve mentioned for the reasons that I’m not ready yet and still in the process of developing the skills. I may have the idea but I haven’t had the strength to stand alone in my own decision in that kind of situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment